Symposium on international/intercultural issues
Every two years, the ICSC/SIK brings around 100 experts from Studentenwerke and higher education institutions together to discuss intercultural issues. Topics on the agenda include:
- the situation of international students from a tutor’s perspective
- theories behind successful studies
- optimising integration
- a welcoming culture in practice
- online communication with international students
- students with migrant backgrounds
Tutor meetings across Germany
Every three years, tutors involved in Germany’s Studentenwerke meet in Bad Bevensen. How many tutors are currently involved in the integration of international students in halls of residence? What do tutors offer? Do students take up this offer?
The SIK uses these meetings to respond to these and other questions about tutors’ work.
- exchange of information and experience
- new project ideas
- supporting students from Cameroon
- "burning questions" – content put forward by open- space participants
The meetings are supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.